that says it all. she was doing SO good! i thought we had it! then she got lazy. grrrrrr. she will 'hav assiden' just standing there playing, or sitting there coloring. she just doesnt want to stop, and she KNOWS that she can come back to it. its not like claysen plays with whatever she left because he comes with us! (this is very exciting for him to get to wash his hands when we are done.) she just doesnt want to go all the way to the potty! GRRRRRRR. to get her to go in the first place i had to act like it wasnt a big deal, she would ask to go and i would have to say, "are you sure?" and she would be jumping up and down hollering "YES!!!" and so then she really wanted it. and now that she doesnt, it doesnt. grrrrrr. one month or going in the potty- and now this. grrrrrr.
ok i think i am better now. and its sad because i tried the rewards, but if she doesnt want a sticker or a treat, or whatever. then she doesnt go. she doesnt care. that doesnt leave me with much else. i tried taking away her panties, and she was fine with that. cuz then she doesnt have to go to the potty. i will ask her every twenty minutes or so, and then she will say no! and 2 minutes later i hear "uhoh". grrrrrr
*breathe in breathe out*
*breathe in breathe out*
ok i think i feel better.
maybe.
3 comments:
I swear potty training is a never ending event. Finally i gave up. I decided that he is ready when he wants to be. And one day he went all by himself. we have said a long farewell to those diapers . However he was 3 1/2but each kids is differnt
Oh I am so glad you posted about this. It makes me and Caleb seem normal. We have been struggling with Caleb as well and it is so frustrating because you try not to be negative about it but after 4 months of him having accidents off and on you know they can control themselves and make it to the bathroom and they just don't. I have finally broke down and just screamed at Caleb one day because I couldn't take it anymore. I hope our next kids get easier and easier. I can't handle it. I'm glad you posted about this to get your frustrations out and to let mothers everywhere know that hey are normal and their kids are normal as well. Good luck!!
Emily did the EXACT. SAME. THING. She was excited to begin with, but then the novelty wore off and she realized that it was more work than play and became lazy with it. I wanted to pull out my hair!
My dad, who did all the potty training in our family (weird, huh?), said that at that stage you just need to get them used to the fact they need to stop what they are doing and go. And that required me to take Emily to the bathroom every twenty minutes so she could "try." And I don't know why, but somehow it got the message through that she was just going to have to go potty on the potty even though it meant leaving her toys for a moment. I taught her how to use the pause button on the VCR and would let her wait until a commercial and I would definitely guard her toys so sister couldn't get them. I think that part of potty training required more involvement on my part than the beginning! But that's what it took. Diligence. And making her clean up her own messes and explaining that since she made a mess on purpose that she had to miss out on whatever she was doing at the time in order to clean up her mess.
Don't know if you wanted all that, just thought I'd share.
And on day where it seems to be getting to be too much, just remember that I worked for 18 months to get mine potty trained. Yeah, you're feeling better, aren't you?
Post a Comment