
our anniversary was great! we went out friday night, and then caitlin, joe's little sis, said she would come spend the night, so we went to a hotel!!! i slept in till 9:45!!!! how fabulous was that?!?! i cant remember the last time that happened! he got me a willow tree figure, "Promise", is has a husband and wife hugging, its really sweet. he got an iPod suffle, and so that was exciting for him. then we went and poked around in a few different stores, and then had subway for lunch. we have subway on our anniversarys because after we were done at the temple we had decided not to have a luncheon, and so when pictures were done, i changed outta my dress and we went to my favorite place to eat lunch- subway. they were so shocked to see that we went to eat there so we paid for a 6 inch sandwhich, but we go a 12 inch meal, and a 6 inch meal and cookies, it was really funny. so that is our tradition, subway. i love it. :) anyway, then we came home and poked around here. it was really great!
five years- wow. i am happy. :) and thats what this is all about eh? the plan of happiness- i am glad that that is the case.
in honor of my five years- i will tell yall about the top 5 things that i love about him.
5- he is kinda ok with my shoe thing. i love shoes and he doesnt roll his eyes at me when i come home from utah with 4 pairs of shoes. he asks to see them and says they look nice. how great is that!
4- he has read twlight, and he is supportive of my obsession. is accepted me when i asked if he found out i was a vampire, would he want me to bite him so we could be together forever. (it was after midnight, and this was after a long flight and couple days). but he loves ME inspite of my secret crush on edward's devotion. ;)
3- he is a hard worker, the hardest i have ever seen. it is so amazing to me how dedicated he is and good at what he does. if he decides to do it, he is good at it. it's shocking, i really do love how hard he works, sometimes to hard, but he is great.
2- he is the best dad. the kids go through withdrawls when he is gone, he is that great. he is fun and yet they respect him so much. it is soooo cute to see them gallop, and yes i mean gallop through the house to see him when they hear he is home. so sweet!
1- He love ME! no matter what, he is there for me, he answers my stupid question, (see #4), and he lets me be me, i am not just joseph's wife. i am my own person and he supports that. he reads scriptures every night with me, he holds my hand when we walk, he smiles at me, he winks at me, and he just lets me be me. what more can you ask for? he is what i want and i want what he is, and i think we are both excited to see how each other grows. i love him. :)
i love you babe!
i foung this poem by my friend heather and i yoinked it- hope you dont mind, it just expressed things really well!
Five fast years I’ve shared your name,
My life with your’s been part.
Time truly makes love richer
And draws closer faithful hearts.
I ponder on our wedding day
So young and long ago
Though time has changed the goal remains
To watch our family grow.
I cherish all my time with you
My love grows richer still
Each day’s a gift from God above
Such contentment…loved fulfilled.
I’d take your hand again I know
Knowing now what I didn’t then
I’d gladly trek those days gone by
With you my dearest friend.
And on the edge of the next phase
As I pause and ponder on
The next five years are coming quick
Yet I say “bring it on!”
Together we are “Everything”
No challenge is too rough
For the two of us who feel deep down
That love’s more than enough.
I LOVE YOU!!!
2 comments:
You are so cute...I love that post! My 4 year is coming up on the 22nd, and I can't wait! I am glad you had a great time!
we're doing pretty well! :) i'm sick :( but its our day off so hopefully i'm better by tomorrow. :) this was a cute post about joe! :)
Post a Comment