**Mabey**Mabey Not**

....................................................an insight to the chaos we call happy..................................................................

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Table for one.....

i am generally a social person. i like to be with people. i hate going to the grocery store at night, alone, even if it is just for milk. i have ALWAYS had someone to shop with. but since the blessing of children, i have enjoyed a few SHORT trips alone, just so i dont go crazy with the toddler talk. but last night was a first. i went to walmart to do some Easter shopping (that isnt the first), then i went and bought the kids Easter clothes. then i was hungery. so i went to eat. all alone, in the resturant, by myself. and that my friends was a first. i knew it was going to happen- so i took a book. but i went to Outback Steakhouse (their green beans are to die for!) and i at alone. and i ENJOYED it! it was crazy! i ate in peace and quiet, at a nice leisurely pace, and i enjoyed my book! it was slightly liberating! i feel so much more independant, knowing i enjoy that, knowing i dont need others with me to have a good time- to know that is great. i know cait is reading this rolling her eyes. she has long since discovered that joy of doing things alone. she goes to movies alone. i am not there yet- but maybe a few more meals and i will be golden.
so are we proud of me? i am. well then i went one step further- no, not the movies, but clothes shopping! i went shopping for me, for clothes, all alone. that was hard and yet kinda nice. when i tried on pants- i wasnt wrestling 2 kids in the dressing room, or anything! :) and i the best part was- i was able to get me some cute clothes! yay me again!
the only down side was that it was so late that the stores were closed so i had to walk to the other end of the mall to get to my car- it was quite a distants, and i was feeling really weird- so creepy people were about, so i asked a cop to walk me to my car cuz it was so far away. i just had this funny feeling ya know?
anyway- i had a FABULOUS trip alone, and i think that i am ready to do it again! :)

6 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography said...

Wow. Um... I don't know what else to say. :)

Mandy and Mark said...

Hey, I'm impressed. I love alone time these days!

Hadley's Heaven said...

Jo, I don't know if you remember me, but I used to babysit you from the time you were tiny. I came across your blog today and I can't believe how beautiful you and your family are. How is the rest of your family? I miss your mom and our "talks." How is Diana? The boys? Please keep in touch and tell your family hello.
Tammy (Green) Hadley

SirloinMasta said...

haha. I am proud of you! I still enjoy doing things alone, maybe more even then I used to because I have so little mobile freedom that walks or times alone in the apt are so nice. But good for you. I am glad that you made that step into the world of alone people =]. Love you, JO!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo, this is Emily Davis from our old neighborhood. I just came across your blog this morning. I love finding people on here. You've got such a cute family. :) Anyway, I was just telling my husband a story the other day about how I felt so grown up and independent the first time I ate alone after moving to Salt Lake for school. And that was just at the food court at the Gateway Mall; I've never been to a nicer restaurant alone. And for the last couple weeks I've been trying to find time to go see a movie all by myself that my husband doesn't want to see. That will be a first! So I absolutely know what you are talking about. Good job!

Cara said...

LoL, I LOVE going to restaurants by myself now! Especially since I am the only person in my family that enjoys anything that used to live in the ocean...it's all about me, Red Lobster and a book!

Good for you! Although, I do have a hard time concentrating just on myself on those solo trips...I always end up looking at clothes at Gymboree or The Children's Place instead of looking for clothes for myself somewhere else...baby steps.