So ages ago we moved our little JellyBean into a room downstairs. She went from super cute pink and lace and flowers.
...... to dismal. I can't find pictures of it right now. Count yourself lucky. It was a grey. Light grey. Very blah. Very boring. It didn't turn out like we were hoping. Very sad. Maybe someday I will post pictures of it....... maybe.
Anyway, her room was not her. Ya know? She is happy and creative and warm and loving. This room was boring and cold- almost depressing. It was sad. She would tell me everyday how she missed her old room. How she didn't like it in her new room and although we had promised that we would re-do her new room all cute, and make it BETTER. She didn't believe it.
So after forever- I finally had enough. I started.
Here is what I did.
I painted it pink. A light pink.
Then I stenciled in purple and lime green.
Here is what it turned into.
i LOVE it!!!!!
I wouldn't let it her look. I wanted to surprise her. =)
Her doors were AWFUL!!! They were kinda embarrassing really. They needed some serious TLC. They took a lot of wood filler, and a lot of sanding, and then a lot of paint.
Then Manly-Man finished the trim. It took him 3 Saturdays to finish it. It looks AMAZING!!
See look.
Isn't he talented?
I know he is. There was a lot of cuts, and it's smooth, and beautiful.
Then he sanded and polished the hardware. It's purty.
Then we had some decals for the doors and above the beds.
Here is door into her room.
She squealed.
Look at her happy face. It made my day.
At one point she did see the doors, and she said that they were her favorite part.
That was kinda harsh. But I was patient, she hadn't seen the room yet.
Here is your tour from corner to corner.
Corner 1
Corner 2
Corner 3
Corner 4
She loves it!!
She has a craft table and bookshelf and hooks, and curtains with lace.
She now says that she loves her new room.
She loves to color in it.
She loves to play in it.
She loves to sleep in it.
She told me so.
I am so glad we were able to make her happy. To give her something that reflects a bit of who she is.
I love her, and it was such a wonderful gift to be able to give her something special.
Love you always JellyBean!!
No comments:
Post a Comment