So this was a crazy summer. Crazy in the sense that we had one of the longest and hottest summers on record. We are talking around 100 days of temperatures over 100- generally in the 110's. It was difficult to say the least.
We all went a little stir crazy. But we did find ways to entertain ourselves.
Monkey cheezin' it!
One thing that we really did lots of was to take pictures of ourselves, each other, and toys. One day I will do a post of the kids toys photo shoots. They were awesome. =)
This little boy grew up so fast. He is such a curious little guy. He had a lot of fun tagging along trying to play with the big kids. Good thing he was easily distracted with different cars and balls!
He has brought me the camera many times for pictures together. I love them all. I truly cherish the opportunity to be their mom and stay home and take care of them and teach them. I know how important it is for them, and for me.
One day while I was making bread during nap time, the 'big kids' came in and asked if they could play with some dough. I have so many wonderful memories of 'making bread' with Mother, daddy's mom. I think it was all those times that gave me a strong desire to make bread for my family. Not only the bonding it can provide, but the nutrition of it, and I have really come to like it! =)
It was such serious business! I hadn't given them much, but oh the fun they had with it!
This only cabinet was bought when Joseph and I lived in Wyview in BYU housing about 8 years ago. We needed something to put our microwave on since the counter space was minimal in the apartments. It them moved with us, always finding a purpose. We definitely got our $40 worth! Well, now it doesn't do much but house a playing child. Z especially LOVES to play in it! He will take a blanket, book, animal, train, and another toy. Or just something he really wants to investigate. Super cute.
One day JellyBean decided for quiet time she wanted to spend it outside 'like she was at the beach'. So she laid out her blanket, got her sunglasses, a hat, a pillow, books, and a water bottle and she was set! It was super cute to watch her out there. Luckily it wasn't too hot out there that day!!
One of her favorite things to do is draw or color. She could do that all day. She also isn't too bad! All her teachers have commented on how well she does, and how she is better then many of those in her class. This is definitely a talent she comes by through blood and is one we really encourage.
He loves to be outside. It was really sad for him when he learned he was allergic to grass. He now tends to be a bit more leery about being out there on the grass. But he has no trouble playing on the porch. Makes me very VERY grateful for our wrap around porch!
This little guy has gone from a baby to a little person. It is such a wonderful blessing to watch them learn and grow. I hate how it all seems to happen over night. He is such a great little guy with such a fun personality. He really has his own agenda, and his own way of doing things. But he is such a happy pleasant guy!
While Chunk was spending so much time feeling like poo- they got many afternoons and mornings watching a movie in our bed. I absolutely love how they all like to watch together and with each other. It really does a mommy's heart good when she see her babies love each other and care for each other.
So when I said that Z had his own agenda- here is one example.
Do you see the rope from the table disappearing under the chair. We had to tie the chair to the table. Yes, you read that right. Tie the chair to the table. He does this bounce thing where he would almost knock his chair over, he has made his chair do a 180, and move it all over the kitchen. Every meal I would age a few years because of the bounce. It has been a great solution!!
We LOVE the Harry Potter glasses. How can you not love that face!? lol
Here is another one of a few of us killing time.
JellyBean did decide that she wanted to spend more time with Monkey. She came up with some great activities to do together, and was really patient and sweet with him.
They are such great friends now. Again- a happy mommy heart.
All in all it was a great low key HOT summer! We were able to spend some great time together and really build some greater relationships.
We played.
We swam.
We baked.
We played.
We posed.
And we loved each other.
WE LOVE SUMMER!!!
1 comment:
i remember the day you got that microwave cupboard. i love it! (and you)
Post a Comment