Z- I love you. You can melt my heart at the drop of the hat. You also give some of the best hugs ever. You also complete the family! Without you, a piece of our family puzzle would be gone. Having said all that, you might kill me some day. Seriously, I might keel over and just die from complete exhaustion that you put me through each day. You never stop. Ever. You don't even calmly play with things or go from place to place nicely. You sprint, and dodge. You smash, you rip, you stomp, you throw, you are rough. It's hard for me. None of the other kids have been like this. That makes it extra hard on me. Then to make things more difficult, you don't get discipline. It has no affect on you. You look at me like I'm nuts, and then your whole world comes crashing down and life is over. You then get over it really quickly, but you are mad. Then you get kinda mean. But you then continue to do everything I just got mad at you about. Therefore, Son, I am at a loss. I will continue to try.
Just for the record, your favorite 'games' are: sharpening makers and pencils and anything that fits into the pencil sharpener, throwing things- including yourself- out the doggie door, chasing the animals, hiding shoes after you wear them around, go to the top of the stairs and throw toys down only to run (emphasis the run) down the stairs pick up the toy and then run back up the stairs only to throw it down again- then repeat, find any writing utensil and color on the closest surface, especially the TVs- that seems to be super fun for you, empty the fridge upstairs that has all the sodas, Gatorade's, and waters in it, empty drawers of whatever, and your all time favorite- collect all the toothbrushes you can, and chew on them, and then find a sink (or the master tub) and run it under the water and drink the water off the toothbrush and then hide the toothbrush so not to get into trouble. Son, this is only the tip of the ice burg. This is all I can think of right now, but I know there is more, heaven's knows there is more.
Like I said, you. exhaust. me. completely. But saying all that, you are such a joy. You love to pray, you are very helpful, and you have discovered the joy of dishes. You squeeze with your hugs and give the sweetest kisses at the most random times. You back up to sit on laps and it makes me giggle all the time. And your singing- it's to die for. You LOVE to sing, and you sing all the time!
So let me tell you about how and why we were able to spend this morning in the ER.
I was trying really hard to get lots done today- I have a busy week of just life and Easter stuff, and I was trying to kinda get ahead on some of my daily 'chores'. I had gotten all of the breakfast dishes in the sink, the counters cleaned off, and the vitamins passed out (when I do that I close the the door to where they are so that way you can't see them and beg for more). Chunk had stayed home with a temp- and so I knew that I had to get a bit more done, so I can sanitize things, and then snuggle with my poor boy. So I vacuum the library I see you drag a chair over to the sink area and then shortly hear the water running- I make a mental note to get a towel for the floor I continue to hurry and vacuum. I finish the living room and I go to check on you only to see the medicine cabinet open and the children's ibuprofen bottle open and gone. You handed it to me and said, "Mmmmmm Drink". I spazzed. Totally freaked out. I called Joseph to see how much had been left because he was the one that had given Chunk the medicine. The bottle was about 1/3 full. I was shaking. Joseph was rushing so home so I could run to the ER. I was trying so hard not to freak out further, and failing miserably, so not to freak you out. You didn't freak out. You ate the dog food- which is not un-common. Then you tried to sharpen a Sharpie.
Joseph get home and marks where he thought it was at before you guzzled. He gives you a blessing, and I know you will be ok, but I still freak out because I don't know what you will have to go through to be ok. You sing in the car the whole way there. I know that's a good thing, but I am going through all these horrible scenarios in my head. I then swear off all medical shows. I have to remind myself of the awesome priesthood blessing that we are so blessed to have in our home. We get to the ER- and they take care of business to slow for me. But it comes out that you will be great. You will be kinda loopy and then tired. Honestly- you never really hit the tired stage. Afterwards we made a little stop to Home Depot- I got more shelves for the pantry for the shelves to be higher then to keep the meds higher now. Yeah- never happening again.
Anyway- we now have a medicine box so high in the pantry that I have hard time reaching it. Yeah- Z you have no chance.
Anyway- we came home and you were as crazy as ever. It was reassuring and exhausting at the same time.
That was your first experience at the ER- I have a feeling it won't be the last. You hated the nurses and doctors checking you. You then would become really sweet and snuggley. But that was short lived. It was great to see you doing so well.
Z, I love you. Please don't kill me.
2 comments:
So glad it was ibuprofen and not Tylenol!!! I'm relieved you are all ok. You need to have poison control on speed dial like I have since Bruce was a baby...you could have saved yourself a stressed out trip to the ER! :)
I'm so glad he's ok! He sounds a lot like my Isaac! SO exhausting! I feel your pain! :)
Post a Comment