**Mabey**Mabey Not**

....................................................an insight to the chaos we call happy..................................................................

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GRAMS!!!!

So in January the good old hubs went to China for 10 days for work.  Now, one must understand how I feel when he is gone.  I am pitiful.  I cry when he leaves, and then intermittently while he is gone.  It is ridiculous that I am supposed to be the grown-up and I cry more then the kids.  BUT- things snowball while he is gone.  NO ONE sleeps well when he is gone, therefore as the business trip continues, we all get grumpier and grumpier.  So to make things easier and nicer for us, one of the most ah-mazing women on the face of the planet came to help.  To distract me, and be an extra set of ears and hands.  My mommy came!!!  It was sooooo awesome to be able to spend so much time with her!  Here are some random shots we were able to take while she was here.  There weren't many due to the fact that we were so busy the entire time!  We made a list of things to do while she was here and we got all but few done, and if they weren't completed they were almost completed.  So great!

Lunch....

An early birthday gift,

Chunky and Grams

So, the babies were still stranger shy.  With daddy gone also that made them all the more leery.  Z especially has a hard time warming up.  They weren't snuggily with Grams, but they would "explode" all day long!  The babies got the biggest kick out of it!  It was how they bonded.  

Jellybean was so excited that her Grams was there.  She told me for weeks after how Grams was the greatest ever and would ask when she was coming back!

While here, mom had to make her cinnamon rolls.  It is a must.  But since it makes so many- we froze 2/3 the batch and we are still enjoying Gram's cinnamon rolls!

Here I am with Z and Grams/momma.  This is the only way that Z would take a picture with her.  He can be such a stinker pants!  


One of the things that we did was baked marbles to make the insides crack.  They were really pretty- it's really hard to do with the dark marbles- get light colored ones and they are gorgeous!

We also finished the Valentines wreaths I made while on bed rest with Z.  I had displayed them other ways but this is my favorite.

Here is the other one that I did.  We came up with a way to hang it.  A heart for each one of my babies!

We also put a vinyl 'frosting on the front door.  At night it's like walking around in a fish bowl- and Hubs and I were planning on doing it, but on the priority list it's number 364.  So momma helped!  We LOVE it!  We have to wait to replace the far left window before we can do the side panels.  But until then...
Those were just the icing on the cake!  There were 20 other things that we finished and 4 that we started for me to finish (which I have).  It was so great!
I really have the greatest mommy every.  I have learned so much from her, and I continue to do so everyday.  I am so lucky that one of my bestest friends is my mom!
Thanks for coming Grams! 





No comments: