It was a good summer. Of course we had our good day and our bad, but I must say, I truly enjoyed each minute I was able to snuggle my kids at will and play what we wanted in our jammies if we wanted no less.
Jelly bean was hard to come by- she spent so much time reading at times she was like a stranger.
I honestly can't say that I blame her. I also can't say that I wasn't trying to hinder her at all- trying to get her expand her horizons, sure we went on walks..... to the library, and we talked about things that were imaginary.... that she read about in her book. But it's a healthy habit- I won't complain!
This boy grew up.
So did he.
And especially him.
It was hard watching my babies grow up. All of them. To see them change and discover each others 'coolness' and play together melted my mommy heart. To hear Monkey ask for Chunk first thing in the morning was awesome. Then to see Z chase them down, and then to be included brought tears to my on more than one occasion My favorite were the fashion shows.....
I had to post this boys- I'm sorry. Chunk I believe your alter-egos name was 'Snow Flake-a' and Monkey yours was 'Sparkala'. Jellybean did give the names to you, but I have 5 minutes of video to show what willing participants you were! It was so cute to see you all working so well together and to see you play in NOT YOU FAVORITE way, but so your sister could be so happy. Truly an awesome sight.
We also went roller skating. Crazy? Probably. I stayed out of the rink to keep an eye on those not skating, and as hard as it was, your dad was a great sport and he dragged everyone around that rink just to hear your giggles and help you stay upright!
Watching things like this just made it that much more clear to me as to why I married the greatest guy ever!
Z still had his broken collar bone. This is how he got around the rink.
His squeals of pure delight were so great! Everyone at the rink was watching him and laughing at his squeal.
Monkey was not in the best of moods when we tried to get him to stop to take pictures of him. And when we finally did get him to stop he went straight for the arcade. The only picture we got of him were too far away and too dark to see anything...
An official vote by Chunk was taken, and they all decided it was too hard and that we should stick to bowling. It was much more fun. Therefore we have made plans to go back this fall! The better they get the more they will like it that is for sure- they sure liked it when they were there!
The library every summer has different shows and activities going on. One of the shows was a Bubble Lady.
Z ended up being sick- and so our friend took her two kids and then the three older kids.
They all had a lot of fun!! It only increased their ginormous love of bubbles!
Z decided that he was going to be my special helper in the kitchen. At. all. times. That makes things an adventure most times. He is getting a firm understanding that when I say 'hot' and 'owwie' I know what I am talking about and mean it when I say it. I think he will have to be one of these kids that has to learn and discover on his own. 'Here-say' will not work with him I think.
One week we had a few things from amazon come in. Whatever it was came in BIG boxes rocket ships. The boys were so excited about this fact. They played for a good 4 hours the first day with these, and then they were loved until they were no longer functioning boxes!
During one of the many fashion show that Z and I received- he was not easy to keep entertained during the costume changes. So we took pictures. This one just happened to be one of my favorites. That gigantic smile is such a common sight on his face. He is such a happy baby little boy. When did it come to the point I couldn't call him my baby anymore? Ugh.
One thing that brings JellyBean more joy than anything else is making a a dress to look like a princess. Oh and she does it often and well. This is a blanket that she used to make a dress using all her flower hair bows. This was a common thing, princess garb out of anything and everything. Her friend Sissy (her brother Bubba and momma Glenna) came over twice a week at times to let the kids play. These girls are super cute with each other it's rather adorable.
Summer was good! We bonded. We played. We ate. We had an all around party and I loved it.
I'm already looking forward to next year when we can do more do less all at the same time!
No comments:
Post a Comment