We started this 23 hour/ 3 day car trip with some drama of a broken collar bone. We started this journey with 4 hours of sleep. 25 lbs. of carrots and apples, 48 string cheese, 48 packages of goldfish, and 56 packages of gummy/fruit snacks. We had 18 new games, 36 different shows/movies available on 6 different devices and 24 books.
We were prepared. We had routes planned and maps printed and reservations made.
It. Was. Awesome.
I would do it again tomorrow too.
The kids actually liked it, and did very well with it. I think Z having his poor broken collar bone help keep him drugged calmed, so that also made things nice.
Oh- and never under estimate the power of a swimming pool.
As soon as we would let them, the kids were so excited to watch movie after movie after show after game. They NEVER get that much screen time- but there is NOTHING to see from mid-Texas until about southern Utah. So we were fine with it. When we did see cool mountain or rock formations the kids were always excited to see SOMETHING when we would point them out- but other than that, it was about the snacks and shows!
Here is the wonderful driver. He doesn't mind all the driving. He will put on an audio-book and just drive. I don't mind too much either.
I like being able to look at the different areas. I like to see the landscape change. I like to see the incredible imagination of our world's Creator. It truly is amazing that He made this amazing difference. Left side sun, right side rain. Truly awesome.
There were these awesome cacti all over. They had little melons growing off of them. No clue what they were but Hubs and kiddos thought it was pretty awesome when we counted and passed 50 of them within 2 miles. And those were the ones on the side of the road! Like I said, He is truly amazing!
When we were deciding on a route- we decided to take a 'less beaten path'. It will be a new thing. Never go the same way!!
Something we learned about Chunk- he is afraid of heights. The fact that half of the route was like this- did not bode well with him. He refused to look around- or get out for pictures. It was always really cute to hear his nervous squeak in the back when he realized how high we really were, and then hear the relief sigh when we got to the bottom of the canyons.
We saw so many beautiful places!
We headed over to 4-Corners. Even if it's in-accurate- I still love going there. The little stores there are AWESOME!
Another tradition is the Hole in the Rock.
Love that place.
There are so many random things there it can't help but make you smile!
They also have this AH-MAZING zoo. I say amazing because I like zoo's. And this one you can feed the animals. That is great. The kids LOVE that fact.
(The fattest hog I have ever seen.)
If I can ever figure out how to post the video- I will post me kissing the camel. Yep- I kissed a camel. It was rather scratchy. I think I will stick with Mr. Hunky. He smells better too.
As we were driving there was a storm behind us. The kids happened to notice the bright rainbow, and fell in love.
Really it was great. The kids did well- and it will only get better as they get older. I think I am excited for the next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment