If you know me well, you know I don't like to sweat. At all. I don't like to work out because that means sweat. So after my foot healed from being broken, I got it in my head that I wanted to run a marathon. Crazy right? Yeah, I think it is. So I started running, my dear friend Lynn and I would wake up early and go running, and you know what? I loved it. Absolutely adored it. I was getting so excited to run it! Then my foot started to ache. Lots. It was sad. The doctor said it was too much too soon, and I needed to lay off the running and wait. I was super sad. Then it got too cold to run, and life happened and my running stopped. It was very sad.
So about 1 year later, on a beautiful Wednesday morning, I read in the paper about a local 5K on that Saturday morning. I texted Lynn to see if she wanted to run with me. She said sure and we signed up!
Yeah there was no practicing and warming up. It was a strictly a show up thing for us.
It was a small group of us, around 30 or so runners, and it was a very hill-y course. I heard someone say afterwards that that was one of the harder courses they had run!
Here is the proof! There I am waving at my beautiful supportive family on the last 1/3 of the race. I think that I almost died on that part. The steepest hill was on that one- or maybe it felt that way because I was so tired, but anyway- it was rough. But awesome at the same time!
So afterwards- when I ran in 4th from the last I was so exhausted and tired. I couldn't believe I just ran a 5K, without having done any training within the past year. I was crazy! But I did finish in 32:21- and I must say- I am quite please with that!
Afterwards, there was a small awards ceremony. They had small awards ceremony and I decided to stick around to be supportive and stuff, and well when they got to my category, age 20-29 I WON!!!!! How crazy is that!! But I have to say that I think that I was the only in my age group. But needless to say- I WON!!!
Here is me and Lynn. She really is such a great friend and helps me to strive to be better, do better, and try new things. Thanks Lynn!!
Joseph did admit to thinking I was a bit nuts for doing it, he is so supportive with my crazy notions that I get.
LOVE THIS MAN!
Somethings that I did learn from this.
I want to run another one. Maybe not the marathon- but maybe a half marathon.
I think that I like running. Weird.
I need to stretch so much better!! I have never hurt so bad in my life all over my body! For 2 days I couldn't move without wincing and cringing which in turn made me hurt some more.
I want to run another one.
This was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment