**Mabey**Mabey Not**

....................................................an insight to the chaos we call happy..................................................................

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stuffed Pepperoni Peppers

So, one day, Monkey thought he would tease me and act like he cared about going potty ON the potty.
So as I was sitting there in the bathroom waiting, and praying, for him to actually USE said potty, Jellybean and Chunk took it upon themselves to make dinner.  They decided to they wanted to make stuffed peppers like their daddy had.
So, while I was upstairs thinking that they were playing in Jellybean's room like they were.  In real life they were in the kitchen seeding and cutting up peppers from the garden!
Totally freaked me out since they were using our good super sharp knives.  They did do a really good job though.  they even tried to put the toothpicks in them so the peppers would stand up.
I came down to them sprinkling them with cheese discussing how to turn on the oven and how to get the pan in the oven.
Again, totally freaked me out.
I asked them what they were thinking, and not in a very nice way I might add, and their responses?
"Mom, we knew you were busy with Monkey, so we wanted to help you and make dinner!"
Totally melted my heart.  How sweet are they?!?!  We then had a very long, in-depth discussion about not using knives or the oven.
I think it was kinda anti-climatic for them.  But when Joseph got home, he looked at them and decided that he would make a stuffed pepper with them.  With pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese.  Make that into a paste-like food in the food processor, stuff, top with more cheese and bake for about 10 minutes at 350 or until the inside cheese is melted and outside cheese is all bubbly.
Cool and eat warm.
So.  Stinking.  Good.
Here is their creation!  Such sweet babies!

I truly have the sweetest most thoughtful babies!

No comments: